Effluent, Waste and pollution treatment systems
The solids are picked up from the dewatering bed (including the gravel bed) and passed into the solids washing system. At Derby only 10% of the feedstock is hazardous therefore the OPS scrubbing technology was not inserted into the base wash plant. All final products are washed with water which has been cleaned through the OPS water treatment system.
- 2 off reception pits – one for oily waste one for low oil waste
- Automatic grab (no operator)
- Screw feeder
- Dewatering vibrating deck
- Sand pump and OPS scrubber
- OPS thickener with oil recover Decanter centrifuge
Facility commercially viable on only 9000 tonnes per year with an expected payback of 4 years.
Equipment Design Supplied:
- Dual Receiving Tanks with automatic grab
- Hopper Feeder
- Split Deck with Hydrocyclone
- Thickener with oil removal
- EC and DAF
- Oil Decanter
- Water Storage
We like all the touches made to the system including the functionality to circulate the water in the pits giving us the opportunity to homogenize the feed. We had not thought of this. These things reassure us and make us confident in your abilities. You clearly have put your mind to work here.
The concentration of the contaminants in the influent increased by a factor of 4. OPS then installed a 3 stage separation system:
– pH adjustment
– dissolved air flotation (DAF)
The new system removed over 90% of the contaminant on its own leaving the media system to act as a polishing system.
– high energy coagulant mixing tank
– low energy polyelectrolyte mixing tank
– emulsion polymer dosing unit
– coagulant dosing unit
The cleaned sand often had less than 200ppm TPH.
An independent Sales Engineer Goran Palmqvist who had a good relationship with the Swedish Governmental department took it upon himself to find a solution to clean the sand.
He found the predecessor to OPS and the rest is history. Goran has just retired after over 15 years of service with the group.
“… and the oil was turned into sand”
The plant design has come a long way since this time!