At the heart of the OPS Water Treatment equipment is the Electrocoagulation and DAF combination. This combination is ideally suited for the treatment of many different types of wastewater including:
- Oily water
- Food industry waste water containing fats, oils and greases
- Car wash water
- Contaminated ground water
- Landfill leachate and other leachates (waste wood)
- Pre-treatment for reverse osmosis and ultrafiltration
- fracking Water
Electrocoagulation is when a current is passed from a negative electrode to a positive through a water stream with sacrificial metal plates in between. The plate material is chosen to suit the type of contamination and the properties of the water.
The advantages of the OPS system are:
- Ease of changing sacrificial plates due to the innovative cartridge system
- High velocity unit enables high throughput for the size
- Instantaneous current flip to minimise plate fouling
- OPS unit uses a downstream DAF or filter to remove coagulated particles
As engineering systems integrators, we combine cost efficient 'off the shelf' products with our high throughput proprietary processes. Integrated by best in class process control into a single solution individually engineered to site conditions, OPS deliver consistent performance, reliability and optimised life cycle costs.